Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Is it okay to be a technologically illiterate teacher?

Matthew Hiler (your favorite student :)
Period 1
Sept. 18
Today I read the fischbowl and Mr. Fisch wasn't as good as usual. He was hard to follow, kept repeating himself, but, the big thing HE WAS WRONG. Teachers I hugely appreciate they put earn smaller wages and have stressful jobs. So who cares if they are technologically illiterate. Sure for a tech teacher not to be able to use a computer this might cause a problem. Why then must a math teacher or science teacher be able to use a computer. All they need to do is post grades. This was a rediculous article (sorry to Mr. Fisch) but, I myself can't see the reasons why any teacher should have to be a computer nerd!

1 comment:

Jessie C. said...

As I respect your opinion, Matt, I'd have to say I disagree with you. Don't we do you a disservice by not giving you and modeling the tools of the future? I hope you understand that teachers do more than just post grades, and I'm sure you know that. Our job is to prepare you and make you feel competent for what's to come. Also, how do you define technological literacy? don't you think it hurts a teacher, in some ways, not all, ifthey aren't up to speed with what kids today are doing and how they access information? Just some stuff to think about. I do like that you are candid.